Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Ecuador Post

Sunday was our last day at Grace Independent Baptist Church. We have a trip planned to visit Ecuador during the month of September. We are very excited but very nervous. Our grandaughter, Desiree, will be making this trip with us.

I was very emotional Sunday. It wasn't as easy as I had hoped. I wept every second of the day.   I loved the 17 years we spent here in Moultrie.  It has nothing but wonderful memories in my mind.   However, I am super excited to start phase 4 of our life. Phase 1 - childhood Phase 2 - Dope and drinking years Phase 3 - Pastoring years and Phase 4 - Missionaries.

I think often of how blessed I am. I have been to 49 states. I've been to every major city and every major tourist attraction. I've been poor and I've had plenty. I've loved and been loved. I have had a wonderful marriage. And I have 4 kids that are all good, decent people....but more than that....they all love the Lord and are in church faithfully.

What wonders await us in Ecuador? I have studied Spanish until my brain is tired. I've prayed, planned, and now I am about to go. God has been good to me!

No comments: